Payroll Accounting Executive
At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
Reports to: Payroll Accounting Lead / Assistant Manager
GBS will be Cathay Pacific's trusted partner in establishing end to end processes and services to deliver value through simplification, innovation and automation.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to deliver quality payroll-related services, in a cost effective and efficient way, to all business units / subsidiaries, employees and external stakeholders.
This role is accomplished by supporting and providing inputs to projects on, for example:
- Standardization and simplification of policies and procedures
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives such as lean, robotics, and ECM
- Accounting duties in respect of payroll and related transactions
- Improvement of GBS presence throughout internal communication channels
The role sits within the Payroll Accounting team which is part of the Hire to Retire (Employee Services) stream providing services and administration of the end-to-end transactional activities associated with the employee experience for employees and business units. The stream currently covers on-boarding, employee benefits, employee mobility, and off-boarding activities, and the scope is under expansion.
Payroll Accounting team is primarily responsible for all accounting and finance related duties of the transactions and records of the HtR stream. The team is also a key accounting and finance partner with FIN and is responsible for all accounting duties in respect of all payroll and staff cost related transactions in the company financial statements.
This role is to deliver services in a cost effective and efficient way with the aim to streamline and automate the Payroll Accounting processes.
- Provide timely and efficient payroll accounting-related administrative support to employees and business units, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, corporate/local policies and industry best practice, throughout the payroll accounting processes, in accordance with the agreed service levels
- Undertake the full range of transactional payroll accounting-related administration responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
Ensure salary and allowances are paid accurately and timely
Ensure payments and deduction are made in compliance with the local jurisdictions
Responsible for tax equalisation and contribution calculation for colleagues with overseas assignments and the filing and reporting of their tax
Handle monthly provident fund contribution payments and other ad hoc payroll-related payments as required
Perform account reconciliation and other general accounting work
Prepare accounting schedules for FIN in the monthly, interim and annual account closing
Prepare income statement for HK and overseas local tax filing and reporting
- Ensure consistent payroll accounting-related administration support to managers, employees and external parties, within agreed parameters in order to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and confidence
- Administer payroll accounting-related activities within agreed procedures, standards and timescales, as defined by the Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Work closely with business units along the Hire to Retire stream
- Support Customer Services by providing FAQs and transcripts on general enquiries and resolving specific payroll accounting-related enquiries escalated from Customer Services
- Apply Lean processes to ensure that GBS meets or exceeds customer requirements
- Participate in process optimization initiatives where needed
- Given the handling of sensitive data, maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Tertiary education in business, Accounting, Finance, HR or relevant discipline
- 1 to 3 years of experience in general Payroll Accounting administration within General Business Services / Shared Services environment, less experience will be considered for junior role
- IELTS Score 7 above desirable
- Ability to multi-task between daily operations and project initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collect and evaluate data
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to research and analyse information to support decision-making
- Competitive skills in Microsoft office
Please Sign in
to view relevant information
Assistant Manager, Employee Services
Senior Operation Officer, Airfield
More Interesting Contents...
Assistant Manager Employee Relations
Assistant Manager Performance & Rewards
Performance & Rewards Manager