The Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation established by statute in 1967, to promote productivity excellence through integrated advanced technologies and innovative service offerings to support Hong Kong enterprises. HKPC is the champion and expert in facilitating Hong Kong's reindustrialisation empowered by i4.0 and e4.0 - focusing on R&D, IoT, big data analytics, AI and Robotic technology development, digital manufacturing, etc., to help enterprises and industries upgrade their business performance, lower operating costs, increase productivity and enhance competitiveness.
The Council is a trusted partner with comprehensive innovative solutions for Hong Kong industries and enterprises, enabling them to achieve resources and productivity utilisation, effectiveness and cost reduction, and enhanced competitiveness in both local and international marketplace. It offers SMEs and startups immediate and timely assistance in coping with the ever-changing business environment, accompanying them on their innovation and transformation journey.
Chief Technology Officer
Hong Kong Productivity Council
Ref: EDO028/23, 8498
The Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation established by statute in 1967 to promote productivity excellence through relentless drive of world-class advanced technologies and innovative service offerings to support Hong Kong enterprises. To promote productivity excellence to support Hong Kong firms operating in GBA, HKPC has also established operations in the Mainland China.
To meet the growth of HKPC business, we are looking for a seasoned executive for the post of Chief Technology Officer to drive R&D and lead the technological business in GBA (including Hong Kong) in pursuance of the vision to bolster Hong Kong as an international innovation and technology hub.
Who we are looking for:
• Creativity in new ideas and future focus vision.
• Collaboration with colleagues and the community at large.
• Work Smart, Play Smart!
• Establish a HKPC Innovation and Technology Institute with GBA partners to promote R&D collaboration and technology commercialisation
• Formulate, drive and execute strategies and plans on R&D of HKPC and Mainland subsidiaries to strengthen the competitive edge of HKPC
• Formulate technology roadmaps with pulse on international technology trends, enterprises and industry needs, develop emerging technologies and drive the execution
• Lead business divisions to champion R&D results, particularly for smart manufacturing technology applications
• Establish network with industrial and research institutes in Hong Kong, Mainland and overseas
• Pursue collaboration with strategic key accounts across multiple disciplines and stakeholders in Hong Kong and Mainland China
• Lead the development of joint technology labs with Hong Kong, Mainland and overseas partners
• Support HKPC and Hong Kong companies to access Mainland research funding
• Based in Hong Kong and the Mainland China, and responsible for Mainland operations
• Bachelor degree or above in Science, Engineering or equivalent
• 20 years or more working experience with sizable organisations in innovative and manufacturing industries, in which more than 10 years in management roles with strong business acumen
• Proven experience in developing new technology applications in any area, such as intelligent manufacturing, robotics, smart products or services (using AI / big data or other advanced technologies), smart mobility, smart city, etc
• Proven track record in applied R&D technology commercialisation for a spectrum of advance technology areas
• Extensive network with industry players, research institutes and Mainland government authorities
• Strategic mindset and capabilities to define technology roadmap and implement strategies for new businesses and able to resolve challenging business and operational issues
• Strong sense of corporate governance and risk management
• Good command of English and Chinese
Note: Applicant may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position.
What we offer and What you’ll like here:
• Exciting new technology development (e.g. IoT, 5G, LoRA, AI etc.) to actualize your creative ideas
• Opportunities to work with our innovative and vibrant talents
• Embracing work flexibility (including Flexi-work hour and Flexi-location)
• Dynamic and energetic culture with smart outfits and sport shoes
• Academic training scholarship to take your career up a notch
• Dental benefit
• Medical benefits from Day-1 with extended coverage to dependent(s)
Apply now if you’re ready to take the challenge! Do not miss this opportunity to join us to Create Value and “MAKE SMART SMARTER”!
Please Sign in
to view relevant information
Min. Yrs. of Experience
How to Apply?
Interested parties please
Sign in + Apply
(All Personal information will be used for recruitment purpose only)