The Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is a multi-disciplinary organisation established by statute in 1967, to promote productivity excellence through integrated advanced technologies and innovative service offerings to support Hong Kong enterprises. HKPC is the champion and expert in facilitating Hong Kong's reindustrialisation empowered by i4.0 and e4.0 - focusing on R&D, IoT, big data analytics, AI and Robotic technology development, digital manufacturing, etc., to help enterprises and industries upgrade their business performance, lower operating costs, increase productivity and enhance competitiveness.
The Council is a trusted partner with comprehensive innovative solutions for Hong Kong industries and enterprises, enabling them to achieve resources and productivity utilisation, effectiveness and cost reduction, and enhanced competitiveness in both local and international marketplace. It offers SMEs and startups immediate and timely assistance in coping with the ever-changing business environment, accompanying them on their innovation and transformation journey.
Automotive Platforms & Application Systems R&D Centre
Ref: APAS427/23, 9114
Who we are looking for:
• Creativity in new ideas and future focus vision.
• Collaboration with colleagues and the community at large.
• Work Smart, Play Smart!
What you'll do:
• Responsible for project implementation including feasibility study, solution development of consultancy and government funded projects about Smart Mobility
• Design and develop hardware and/or software solutions in Smart Mobility areas like automomous vehicles, intelligent driver/transportation systems, automotive ECUs, robotics controller, telematics, hardware of IoT systems or wireless connectivity (BLE, UWB, LoRA, WiFi), etc.
• Supervise and lead teammates on hands-on tasks including hardware design & build, firmware coding and product testing, etc.
• Liaise with technical solution partners or suppliers
• Prepare technical documents for the project deliverables, design drawings, test plans and test reports
• Support the project management and ad hoc tasks when required
• Occasional travel to the mainland China when required
You'll be a good fit if you have/are:
• Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Automation, Computer Science or equivalent with hands on experience in research and product development work
• 4 years or above working experience in electronics or electrical hardware system design for automotive electronics, battery management systems, robotics controllers, telematics, hardware of IoT systems or wireless connectivity etc.
• Experience in hardware PCB electronic schematic and layout design, electrical system design, application design with 16-bit MCU, 32-bit ARM or FPGA based microcontroller and programmable logical controllers
• Experience in firmware design through C/C++ or Verilog HDL, VHDL for MCUs, ARM or FPGA based microcontroller is an advantages
• Experience in any one of below skills an advantage:
- Motor control and automation control system
- Battery management or EV charger systems electrical/electronics design and development
- C++/C programming, Linux based programming, Python, Matlab Simulink, Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Robot arm mechanical/electrical/electronics design, or control and application
- Mechanical drawing through Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
• Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese
Applicant may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position.
What we offer and What you’ll like here:
• Exciting new technology development (e.g. IoT, 5G, LoRA, AI etc.) to actualize your creative ideas
• Opportunities to work with our innovative and vibrant talents
• Embracing work flexibility (including Flexi-work hour and Flexi-location)
• Dynamic and energetic culture with smart outfits and sport shoes
• Academic training scholarship to take your career up a notch
• MPF Top-up and dental benefit
• Medical benefits from Day-1 with extended coverage to dependent(s)
Apply now if you’re ready to take the challenge! Do not miss this opportunity to join us to Create Value and “MAKE SMART SMARTER”!
Please Sign in
to view relevant information
Min. Yrs. of Experience