Project Accounting Manager
At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
Reports to:Head of Finance – Project Accounting
The FIN – Project Accounting Team assists with the review and assessment of project investments, monitors compliance to project governance and oversees the benefits tracking reporting process.
- Support project related annual budget and forecast exercise
- Review project related monthly, interim and annual schedules and reports
- Conduct ad hoc analysis on project spend as per senior management’s request
- Refine project related accounting process to align with company-wide accounting practice
- Assess and analyse proposed project investments, providing constructive review of their commercial rationale, financial implications and project approach.
- Direct project to prepare project change requests in line with published guidelines.
- Review project closeout documentation and ensure accuracy and that all governance has been met.
- Support the review of benefits and provide advice to enhance the quality of the benefits.
- Ensure project benefits are being tracked within and after project delivery.
- Prepare management reports on benefits realisation.
Project and Portfolio Management
- Develop and maintain the process and methodology for the management and coordination of all CPA projects to support Cathay’s expenditure governance.
- Support the portfolio and project management tool (HP PPM) to ensure accurate, relevant and up-to-date information.
- Develop Management Reports to provide stakeholders with transparency on the progress and health of projects and the portfolio.
- Provide introduction, briefing and uplift sessions on governance and project finance related processes
- Relevant degree and/or experience in Finance or Business. Professional accounting qualification such as CPA will be required.
- Minimum 8 years of project or finance experience (managing projects, budget and financial tracking and issue resolution).
- Experience of reviewing business projects will be required.
- Sound grasp of financial principles of project evaluation and business acumen.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and influencing skills with high standard of written and spoken English. Strong communication skill to all levels in the organisation and agility to work within a team environment.
- A quick learner with the ability to work independently, be self-motivated and attentive to details.
- Strong analytics and reporting skills in producing reports, documentation and presentations.
Senior Accountant/ Assistant Accounting Manager
More Interesting Contents...
Assistant Manager, Procurement
Solution Lead - Flight Operations and Inflight Services (FIS)