Project Inspector (Steelwork / Roof / Facade)
Airport Authority Hong Kong manages and operates Hong Kong International Airport, one of the finest and busiest airports in the world.
We now invite high calibre talent with creativity and passion to join us for a rewarding and meaningful career journey.
We care for our people and provide colleagues with a fair, open and supportive workplace.
By joining us, you will contribute to the continued success and growth of a key infrastructure and economic engine of Hong Kong, gaining invaluable experiences in a unique environment and enjoying boundless opportunities to unleash your full potential.
Together we will share the pride of our leadership status in the global aviation industry and our commitment to sustainability.
Project Inspector (Steelwork / Roof / Facade) - (220463)
This is a fixed-term contract position of minimum 2 years with possibility for renewal subject to organization need and individual performance.
Closing Date: 2022-08-24
- Managing a supervision team to ensure the safe and effective implementation of construction works;
- Monitoring the quality and workmanship of the works to ensure compliance with the contract drawings, specifications, materials, workmanship and quality;
- Promoting continuous improvement in contractors' safety performance, cultivating a safe working culture and uplifting safety standards to achieve the Authority's safety goals;
- Monitoring work progress, proactively anticipating interface and construction problems as well as liaising with project engineers to implement comprehensive solutions;
- Maintaining comprehensive daily work records and prepare progress reports; and
- Supervising off-shore inspections in various fabrication facilities on structural steel components, façade, roof coverings and aluminum claddings; and
- Supervising heavy lifting, erection of building components, installation, testing, commissioning and handover of the completed works to the project owner and maintenance department
- Higher Diploma or Higher Certificate in Civil / Structural Engineering or other related disciplines with at least 10 years' relevant experience in site supervision of large, multi-disciplinary projects
- Degree Holder in related discipline with 6 years' relevant experience will also be considered
- Thorough knowledge of structural steel fabrication and erection, façade, metal roof cladding and coordination works
- Possession of a recognized qualification(s) in welding inspection and/or painting is preferred
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Possession of a valid HK driving license is preferred
Sign in + Apply
Senior Technical Services Engineer - Powerplants
More Interesting Contents...
Manager, Procurement & Contracts
Construction Superintendent, Systems