Assistant Manager, Insurance
Airport Authority Hong Kong manages and operates Hong Kong International Airport, one of the finest and busiest airports in the world.
We now invite high calibre talent with creativity and passion to join us for a rewarding and meaningful career journey.
We care for our people and provide colleagues with a fair, open and supportive workplace.
By joining us, you will contribute to the continued success and growth of a key infrastructure and economic engine of Hong Kong, gaining invaluable experiences in a unique environment and enjoying boundless opportunities to unleash your full potential.
Together we will share the pride of our leadership status in the global aviation industry and our commitment to sustainability.
Assistant Manager, Insurance - (220467)
Closing Date: 2022-07-18
- Review contract and provide advice on the insurance requirements in the tender documents
- Arrange separate project insurance policies by reviewing and negotiating the insurance terms and conditions with the insurance broker
- Review and monitor the insurance needs of the construction projects by liaising with insurance brokers and arranging insurance coverage extension
- Monitor the risk management process and the insurable risks
- Conduct site survey by coordinating various users, insurance brokers and insurers
- Conduct insurance claims workshops
- Handle insurance claims, in particular the complicated cases by participating in the loss investigation surveys and review the loss information
- Collect information and prepare draft response to enquiries from external lawyers and loss adjusters
- Handle insurance enquiries from internal departments
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as required
- Degree holder in Insurance, Business Administration or related disciplines
- Student / Member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, or Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance is preferred
- Minimum of 6 years’ insurance related experience in sizable organizations, reputable insurance companies, or international brokerage firms
- Specific experience in insurance brokering, underwriting, claim handling or experience gained in similar in-house position is preferred. Exposure in aviation insurance is an advantage
- Good knowledge in property insurance, casualty insurance, and construction related insurance arrangement with exposure in technical claims and interpretation of legal liability
- Proactive, attentive to details and flexible to business change
- Recognize the importance of providing high quality services and deliverables
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Proficiency in Putonghua is a plus