Service Improvement Manager
At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: Head of IT Operations
The Service Improvement Manager is responsible for the implementation of IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) Automation strategy within CX group. This involves staying abreast and upskilling the team on latest automation technology, working with Infrastructure and Operations (I&O), Solutions and PVT teams to review existing as well as to-be processes, identifying improvement opportunities, stakeholder management, project management and driving implementation of solutions.
This is highly technical and hands-on operations role to implement, co-ordinate and drive the automation agenda in CX group IT Infrastructure and Operations using but not limited to CX digital toolkit, new and future tooling with AI/ML capabilities.
The automation team engages and collaborates with various business and technical teams to drive IT operations efficiency and internal customers/users service excellence.
Closing Date: 2022-06-07
- Develop automation roadmap for CX group align with IT digital strategic goal
- Lead and drive automation projects, responsible for end-to-end project lifecycle, including requirements gathering, development, testing, and production release
- Establish the Automation governance requirements and ensure the project meets all the control and documentation requirements
- Able to articulate and escalate project issues to appropriate parties in time to ensure timely completion of any project actions
- Capable of managing competing priorities and deliver in a timely manner
- Experience in implementing Automation and IT service management projects
- Review and understand business requirements. Translate business requirements from stakeholders into technical approaches, workflow designs and business rules that can be implemented, utilizing existing and new digital tools from CX group automation toolkit
- Familiar and experience with the reusable components library and able to construct an automation solution that is scalable and reusable. Partner with internal and external teams to maximize the benefit of the scalable solution
- Undertake the solution scripting and able to bridge the communication between business stakeholders, Automation Centre of Excellence and technology teams regarding any technical challenges
- Upskill with business knowledge and perform data-driven process analysis using digital tool process mining capabilities. Present process review findings to senior business stakeholders
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, identify improvement opportunities and initiate automation projects based on process review findings
- Perform reviews of processes to identify, plan for, and coordinate execution of process automation opportunities for existing manual processes
- Maintain and oversee the ongoing improvement of CX group automation policy framework to ensure effective governance, control and process efficiency across the group
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ solid working experience in the IT industry, with at least 2 years in related positions and leadership role
- Strong understanding and experience of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing (NLP)
- Experienced with full lifecycle of code development work
- Data focused mind-set and strong problem solving skills, including clearly defining fact-based problem statements and providing resolution
- Strong project management experience and capable of managing short-term (3-6 months), mid-term (6-12 months) and long-term projects end-to-end
- Understanding of Design thinking and data analytics will be a plus
- Hands on experiences in Automation Tools such as Alteryx, UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Knime, etc
- Hands on experiences in IT service management tool implementation
- Business analytics skill, Scrum, Agile and/or DevOps experiences
- Act as subject matter expert to provide practical and timely advice on matters pertaining to process automation, internal control and process efficiency
- Critical thinking and can work independently with minimum supervision, whilst working effectively in a team
- Self-motivated and take the initiative and ownership to drive change
- Anticipate and manage stakeholder expectation effectively, able to escalate timely to ensure no delays to project deliverables
- Ability to engage effectively across teams, taking a leading role partnering with Infrastructures and Operations, Solutions Teams, PVTs, and project teams and technology in implementing automation solution
- Coach individuals and teams to perform to the best of their ability. Empower staff to take improvement initiatives
- Preferably to have technical knowledge in mobile and cloud technology
- Available to provide 24 x 7 x 365 support as required
- Knowledge and experience in quality assurance, vendor management, ITIL standards, Service Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Release Management, Service Transition Planning & Support, IT operational processes/methodologies
- Practical experience on waterfall and agile development life cycles
- Experience in Agile and DevOps environment is an advantage.
Please Sign in
to view relevant information
Programmer / Senior Programmer
More Interesting Contents...
Site Reliability Engineer(SRE)