At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
Supervise and ensure that Cargo Officers carry out their duties efficiently and their performance are up to standard and laid down procedures are carried out properly and replicate the problems whenever required.
Maintain good communications between subordinates and Cargo Management. Keep a close liaison with service providers (CPSL, HAS, GSEL, Unilode) to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure to sufficient resource to carry out daily operations
- Ensure to maintain the office appliance and all equipment are always in good order
- Ensure tasks are evenly distributed and make appropriate adjustment when required
- Ensure all Service Leaders and Cargo Officers report duty on time and their uniform /grooming are up to company standard
- Evaluate the performance and give fair assessment with concrete feedback to Service leader and Cargo Officer
- Supervise all flight’s loading / unloading / departure are in accordance with the Rules and Regulations established by the Company and ensure to achieve OTP
- Always be conversant with the handling procedures including but not limited to damaged dangerous goods, electricity stoppage, bomb threat etc.
- Report and propose solutions to seniors and deal with all sorts of problems /irregularities
- Monitor the performance of all service providers (CPSL, HAS, GSEL) and maintain close liaison on all loading related matters to ensure communication is carried out efficiently
- Ensure relaying all necessary data to service provider on time so as to maintain OTP
- Execute audit to the service providers in a timely manner
- Ensure the requirement on safety and regulatory compliance are met
- Carry out investigation for same day irregularity cases and submit reports to management.
- Ensure the services provided to the customer airlines, e.g. AHK & UO are up to the airlines’ standard, including but not limited to Dangerous Goods acceptance, operation reporting
- Conduct timely inventory check and assist Cargo Officer to maximize carrying capacity of flights
- Go out to shipside in case of irregularities and take remedial action if required.
- Handle the ad hoc requests from CRM, HKS, GPO, Linehaul as well as the outstations.
- Prepare the different reports to Cargo Duty Officer (Operations)
- Assist the Cargo Duty Officer whenever it is necessary, including taking up shipment care duty for operational Control Center (OCC) with customer interaction through instant chat or email.
- Tertiary education or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years airline experience in cargo operations.
Job related knowledge
- Freighter load control and freighter ramp/loading operations experience would be an advantage.
- Skills and language requirements
- Good command of both spoken and written English. Spoken and written Chinese is
- Good analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- A self-motivated leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to interact with people at all levels and from different cultural backgrounds
- Sound PC knowledge in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Independent & detailed oriented
- Manage to work on shift schedules (including overnight and weekends)
Please Sign in
to view relevant information
Min. Yrs. of Experience