At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
- Achieve operational efficiency and maintain the customer satisfaction through a careful planning, monitoring, motivating and co-ordinating the activities in Cargo Operation Centre to achieve the optimum use of the resources, including but not limited to human resource.
- Ensuring both safety and regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensuring laid-down procedures and guidelines are carried without ambiguity and tackle service failure problems through investigations, analysis to preclude recurrence.
- Monitor the trend of different irregularities, take up with relevant parties for improvements
- Ensuring the effective communicate with Shipper/Consignee/Government Agencies on all enquiries.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers (HAS, CPSL, G4S) to ensure CX standards are meet.
Procedures and Guidance
- Set clear procedures, guidelines to staff by means of briefing, email and give recommendations to MOD/COCM-Ops for circular issuance.
- Uphold ramp and warehouse safety through reminder to airside staff.
- Motivate the performance of individual working group by regularly reviewing skills for job enrichment.
- Optimize manpower ensuring all services provided are up to or exceed standard.
- Utilize manpower and resources in a cross-unit basis particularly in the event of flight interruption and absence of staff.
- Verify daily attendance report and take appropriate actions including interview in relation to sickness and attendance of staff.
- Monitor e-AWB acceptance performance.
- Monitor ULD inventory, transfer and release status as well as to manage ULD supplier performance
- Ensure the special cargo movements as planned and remediate when any discrepancy
- Oversee all flight situation, maximize space and weight utilization for all outgoing flights
- Uphold loadsheet accuracy as well as optimizing flight trimming performance and arrange manual loadsheet quarterly.
- Ensure accuracy of weight statement, flight reports and documents.
- Arrange special handling or loading arrangement when required (e.g. odd-sized / heavy cargo, horse shipments, etc.)
- Handle and take follow up action on incident reports including transhipment irregularity.
- Take appropriate actions when Cargo Alert is being activated.
- To complete a Process (C2K) performance – Daily Record Sheet
- Monitor proper use of equipment which includes van, walkie-talkie and other company assets
- Provide quick response and supervise team on disruption handling
- Flexibility to work on shift schedules (including overnight and weekends)
- Perform duties as delegated by AM-MOD
- Support on the company new initiatives by inputting the needs and constraints from operations
- Derive new work processes on the new products or initiatives roll out
- Support on IT maintenance and enhancement
- Assure the optimization of the Cargo Agent Operation Program
- Post-secondary qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in airline industry (cargo operation would be an advantage) and with 3 years supervisory level experience
Job related knowledge
- Freighter load control and freighter ramp/loading operations experience would be an advantage
Skills and language requirements
- A self-motivated team player and confident leader with excellent people management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and organizing skill.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Shift duty is required.
Please Sign in
to view relevant information
Min. Yrs. of Experience