At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline. We believe in looking for the best in our people, in working as a team, in doing the right thing by our shareholders and our communities.
With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
He/she needs to perform the quality assurance control and conduct quality inspections outport inflight caterers on a regular basis as directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager & Catering Operation, Supply Chain & Inventory Management Manager.
Oversee and manage outport catering supplier to ensure all agreed menu and catering uplift standards are met, ensuring Cathay Pacific’s quality requirements are maintained, procedures and instructions followed in accordance with our contracted and commercial agreement.
Lead and manage a 3rd party team quality assurance specialist (people seconded from other caterers) to ensure they are performing up to the KPIs which include operations performance and productivity. Follow up with their catering inspection plan, lead & conduct regular review meetings on quality and performance issues.
The incumbent will support Catering Operations, Supply Chain and Inventory Management Manager to perform CMI, equipment & inventory checking at HKG & outport caterers and review end-to-end process during inspection.
- Conduct catering inspections at Hong Kong (CPCS) & outport inflight caterers on a regular basis as directed by Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager & Catering Operation, Supply Chain & Inventory Management Manager.
- Develop HKG & outport yearly catering inspection plan and conduct regular review meeting with caterers on quality and performance issues for continuous improvement of catering quality standard on board.
- Identify, agree and follow up with caterers on required action plan for continuous improvement as and where required.
- Lead and manage the Catering Quality Control Specialists (seconded by caterers in HK & overseas, if any) to ensure a productive and high-performance work to deliver. Follow up with their catering inspection plan, conduct regular review meeting on quality and performance issues for continuous improvement of catering quality standard.
- Ensures HKG and outport caterers comply with quality standards on menu/equipment condition/galley packing/inventory control as well as uplift instructions are delivered in accordance with contracted terms.
- Perform food sample tasting on final products with caterer’s chef and production manager to ensure CX pre-defined standard is adhered to.
- Take immediate action with caterers to rectify problem products or discrepancy found.
- Monitor responsible caterers' performance through catering inspections.
- Conduct catering wastage checks (e.g. food and drink wastage) at applicable outport caterers if & when necessary.
- Investigate crew and passenger catering feedback reports concerning on menu / uplift non-compliance issues.
- Prepare summary report to Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager & Catering Operation, Supply Chain & Inventory Management Manager in HK & outport caterer’s performance as well as work progress of seconded Catering Quality Specialist(if any) via the quality inspection process.
- Plan monthly inspection schedules for outport catering providers.
- Ensure CMI reports are submitted in a timely manner and results are recorded in CPRP data collection point.
- Enter and maintain the inspection results, findings, corrective action into AQD system in timely and accurate.
- Hold monthly performance engagement meetings with network caterers with focus on driving consistency & quality improvements.
- Carry out equipment & stock level inspection at outport caterers as directed by & Catering Operation, Supply Chain & Inventory Management Manager to ensure the equipment stock accuracy of the record is up-to-date.
- Conduct catering equipment inspection(eg food cart braking system, equipment cleanliness) at outport caterers to ensure the safety and quality of the catering equipment are in line with the company’s standards and requirements.
- Conduct Catering Pre-flight Inspections for outport caterers dependant on caterers’ performance and operational requirements. Identify, agree and follow up on required action plan for continuous improvement as and where required.
- Explain yearly CPRP score targets with caterers and follow up on caterers’ achievements and performance on a monthly basis.
- Update PPM, COM, ISD Ops Manual and assist Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager to prepare/issue CCNL/NTBP when required.
- Take up catering improvement project as directed by Head of Culinary Excellence, Inflight Catering & Quality Control Manager or Catering Operation, Supply Chain & Inventory Management Manager.
- Follow all reasonable instructions as directed by Head of Culinary Excellence or Team Managers.
- Perform cross functional tasks in line with your role level after sufficient training if & when required.
- Degree holder in Food & Beverage, Hotel Catering or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience in Airline, Airline Catering or related Industries.
- Working knowledge in quality assurance, quality control techniques (such as HACCP, AQS) and auditing.
- Sound experience and knowledge in airline business, processes, and procedures
- Good knowledge of food handling, preparation & cooking procedures
- Good people and analytical skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Strong problem solving
- Customer oriented and tactful in management skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Mature and good team spirit
- Proactive and Self-motivated
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Mandarin speaking is a plus
Min. Yrs. of Experience